Phen375 Proactol LTD Advanced Health LTD Advanced Health LTD UniqueHoodia Slim Weight Patch

Party girls in pinstripes


You know something's wrong with the justice system when Paris Hilton serves 23 days in jail for driving on a suspended license, but Lindsay Lohan is only sentenced to 1 day for DUI and drug charges.

Not to be outdone, though, is Nicole Richie, who was sentenced to 90 hours for driving under the influence of drugs but was in and out in 82 minutes. The pregnant celebutante checked into a jail in Lynwood County, Calif. (the same place Hilton served her time) at 3:15 Thursday afternoon, and she was released by 4:37. In a statement, the sheriff's department noted that those charged with 30 days or fewer for nonviolent crimes are usually released in 12 hours due to overcrowding. There was no explanation as to why Richie didn't even stay that long.

A few hours before Richie's big house stopover, Lindsay Lohan reached a plea deal for her 7 misdemeanor charges stemming from her 2 driving incidents. Lohan will serve 1 day in jail, do 10 days of community service, complete a drug treatment program, an 18-month alcohol education program, pay a hefty fine and participate in a 3-day coroner program where she'll visit a morgue and talk to victims of drunk drivers.

Lohan has until January 18, 2008 to complete the terms of her plea bargain, and if she violates her probation, she could face up to a year in jail for each DUI and cocaine charge, as well as 90 days for reckless driving. If she receives another DUI, she will be required to serve 120 days in prison.

In a statement released by publicist Leslie Sloane Zelnik, Lohan said she was ashamed of her actions. "I broke the law and today I took responsibility by pleading guilty to the charges in my case."

She blamed her actions on her addictions, for which she is being treated at Cirque Lodge in Utah - which will satisfy her plea bargain's mandatory completion of a drug treatment program. "It is clear to me that my life has become completely unmanageable because I am addicted to alcohol and drugs," Lohan admitted in the statement.

"I very much want to be healthy and gain control of my life and career and have asked for medical help in doing so. I am taking these steps to improve my life," she added. "Luckily, I am not alone in my daily struggle, and I know that people like me have succeeded. Maybe with time it will become easier. I hope so."

There's no word yet on when she will serve her prison sentence, but based on Nicole Richie's actual jail time, she'll probably show up and leave in 20 minutes.