Phen375 Proactol LTD Advanced Health LTD Advanced Health LTD UniqueHoodia Slim Weight Patch

Scarlett Johansson's latest interview


Scarlett Johansson spoke to Candace Jackson from the Wall Street Journal about her new album, "Anywhere I Lay My Head."

In response to why she decided to record an album,Johansson said: "The album came about because I did a track for my friend's [compilation] album, 'Unexpected Dreams,' to benefit an organization called Music Matters. The studio that distributed the album really liked my track and asked if I would be interested in recording a full album."

"I originally started acting as a kid because I wanted to do musical theater," Johansson added. "I always loved to sing and had always taken vocal lessons when I was a kid, and just thought of all of my friends who were struggling musicians would kill for this opportunity, so I couldn't really pass it up."

Johansson also compared filming a movie and recording her album.

"I've been making movies since I was eight, so I'm completely familiar with the industry and the process," she said. "Recording an album was a huge learning experience for me. I didn't know at all what to expect.

I think there's probably more similarities between acting and singing than differences, really," Johansson added. "It's still about drawing from your own personal experience and creating a character. All the artists I love, like Chet Baker or Bob Dylan or Tom Waits, all sort of built these characters, these journeys that you follow as a listener. It's similar to the way you build a character for a film."

You can check out the entire interview, as well as Johansson's responses to questions about Tom Waits and her new engagement to actor Ryan Reynolds.