Phen375 Proactol LTD Advanced Health LTD Advanced Health LTD UniqueHoodia Slim Weight Patch

William Shatner talks about Star Trek and his memoir


William Shatner is best known as Captain James Tiberius Cook on Star Trek - but the Canadian actor wants people to know that there is more to him than that.

That's why he has written several memoirs and has a new one out called "Till Now," which is about his rise from a Canadian boy with a modest childhood to his current role, a self-spoofing Priceline.com spokesman.

Shatner spoke to Brian Braiker of Newsweek about the new Star Trek movie and a number of other topics.

He said that he has not been approached by J.J. Abrams, who is doing the bigscreen remake of Star Trek. "I know nothing," he said about the movie. "I had a meeting a couple times with J.J. Abrams, who actually came down one time to where we shoot "Boston Legal" to visit with me—and I don't know what it was about. He never called back, and I'm not in the movie. I'm disappointed."

He added that he is a little disappointed that he won't be in the movie.

"I would have liked to have been in the revival of Star Trek," he said. "More than that I'm fascinated by the business decision of not including that popular character and the actor who has a lot of popularity still, as opposed to anybody else in the cast who's either unknown or not in the public eye particularly."

The entire interview is available here.