Phen375 Proactol LTD Advanced Health LTD Advanced Health LTD UniqueHoodia Slim Weight Patch

Celebrities mourn for Heath Ledger


In the wake of Heath Ledger's sudden death on Tuesday, some of his friends in the entertainment industry publicly mourned him.

Actress Cate Blanchett, who co-starred with Ledger in I'm Not There:
- "I deeply respect Heath’s work and always admired his continuing development as an artist. My thoughts are with his family and close friends."

Model Helena Christensen to Women's Wear Daily:
- "He was such a special and genuine person, so extraordinarily talented because he was so raw and honest with his feelings... He was so full of life, so electric."

Actor/director Mel Gibson, who starred in The Patriot with Ledger:
- "I had such great hope for him... He was just taking off and to lose his life at such a young age is a tragic loss. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family."

Singer Josh Groban at the Sundance Film Festival:
- "Heath was an actor who always amazed me — somebody I believed always had such life left in him."

Actor Lukas Haas, who was in Alpha Dog with Ledger, to FOX:
- "He truly was a great, great actor who I have known and admired for sometime... I am in total shock — it certainly has put a damper on the [Sundance Film] festival."

I'm Not There director Todd Haynes (this was the last film released starring Ledger prior to his death):
- "Ledger had a bit of James Dean in him and now Ledger, like Dean, has died young - just as he was trying to find his place in the film industry."

Brokeback Mountain director Ang Lee in a statement:
- "Working with Heath was one of the purest joys of my life... He brought to the role of Ennis [Del Mar] more than any of us could have imagined – a thirst for life, for love, and for truth, and a vulnerability that made everyone who knew him love him. His death is heartbreaking."

Actress Nicole Kidman in a statement:
- "What a tragedy. My heart goes out to his family."

Actor Josh Lucas at the Sundance Film Festival:
- "All I'll say is, I send total love to the family. It's too painful for me."

Actor/producer William H. Macy at the Sundance Film Festival:
- "It is so upsetting — it's a huge loss and my heart goes out to his wife and kid... I think great talent comes coupled with great demons."

Actress Rachel McAdams on her myspace page:
- "My heart goes out to Heath's family and friends during this time of great loss. I had the pleasure of meeting him a few years back and I can definitely say he had a wonderful career ahead of him. Undeniable talent and a loving new father. It's so tragic to see it all end so soon and sudden."

Actress Bijou Phillips at the Sundance Film Festival:
- "Brad Renfro also died this week, who I did three movies with... It's just crazy. Two young, really talented actors die in their sleep in the same week? It's just not cool. I don't know what's going on, but it's got to stop."

Actor Jason Ritter at the Sundance Film Festival:
- "He should be proud of the legacy he left behind... [Ledger] seemed to make acting choices with integrity; he didn't seem to just take the big movies with the big bucks. He took movies that challenged him as an actor, he did a fantastic job, and he seemed like a really great guy as well."

Actor Geoffrey Rush, who starred in Candy with Ledger:
- "This is such a sad event. I admired Heath enormously... He was such a sensitive and committed and daring actor. This is truly a tragedy. I send my condolences to his family and friends and colleagues."

Actress Charlize Theron to entertainment site ET.com
- "It's really, really sad. I hope his family is okay. I wish them the best."

Actor John Travolta at the G'day USA/Walk on the Wildside event:
- "He's touched me deeply as a talent and it's a great loss... Losing him at any age would be a loss but it was pretty rough news. I was really shocked by it... I would give back all my awards to have him back."