Phen375 Proactol LTD Advanced Health LTD Advanced Health LTD UniqueHoodia Slim Weight Patch

New Year's Resolutions


Considering or planning a resolution of change for the new year? Do you have a mental list or actual list of resolutions of change? And has the New Year Resolution become a game to you? Do you take it lightly or has it become a challenge of serious importance to you? Allow me to share my own experiences with the New Year Resolution.

What's the point of a resolution in the first place? Improvement? Like ending a bad habit, self improvement or guilt? The idea behind the New Year's Resolution is simple. You are using the beginning of a new year as a means to start fresh in achieving your goal. It could be a better path to either achieve a personal goal or make a change in your life that will improve your life. Let's cover the typical list of standby resolutions (according to U.S. Government data) many of us decide to take a crack at. I'll add my two cents to these as what comes to mind as I see them.

Lose weight (self-improvement)
Manage debt/save money (living responsibly)
Get a better job (quality of life)
Get fit (self-improvement)
Eat right (health)
Get a better education (quality of life)
Drink less alcohol (health)
Quit smoking (health)
Reduce stress overall and/or at work (quality of life)
Take a trip (recreation)
Volunteer to help others (guilt)

I look at these things. I get it. We all want a better future. It takes work. Nothing on that list above is simple. It takes a commitment to change your life. It takes work. However here in America, our society has gone far from the concept that you need to earn what you want. The prevailing mental model throughout our country is that it's your birthright to have a nice car, or big house or even health despite smoking every day. Then when it comes time to pay the piper, we deny responsibility. If you are the type to shift that blame and take no accountability for your actions, behavior or lifestyle, why then should a new year's resolution make any sense to you? Why bother?

Now if you are not the type that believes yourself an entitlist, then let's consider how to achieve your goal or goals. No matter what it is.

First off, understand that what you want to do should be memorialized. Write it down, or write them down. This may sound like a pansy idea for geeks but it is a real serious element in success of a real goal you set. The mind moves towards what it sees. If you write down one, three, five or twenty new year's resolutions (or goals) down on paper and put them up where you can personally see them every day, that constant reminder will keep on you track. When I was a lad of 25 I worked for a big company and I posted mine in my cube. I hit eight of ten that year. From finding a steady girlfriend to buying a boat. I'm certain having to look at them daily made a difference in my reaching many of my goals that year.

Which leads me to my next point. Make your goals something achievable. Make them realistic. I'm not saying pie-in-the-sky goals are not worth aiming for; but if you set lofty goals then set smaller goals up that lead to the greater goal. Do it in steps. You can't climb Everest if you don't take climbing lessons first, then practice at a local rock climbing club, then climb a local mountain, etc... You can't date the hotest girl in school if you don't date some other girls that can get you noticed, or if you don't join a club she participates in etc... Sometimes smaller goals make more sense in order to reach your greatest goal.

You don't need to start on New Year's Day. But since it is upon us, why not mark it or give it a shot. If you fail, don't quit. Start again if you must. In my book you only fail when you give up. Edison comes to mind, he had many failures on his way to the light bulb and other inventions. He never truly quit. You can fail on the way to success. Remember that.

Positive energy. I preach this and live it. Surround yourself with people that are winners, or at least people that give off good energy. Nay-Sayers bring you down and they want you to fail so you can be like them. Move on in life. Do better.

That list I mentioned earlier? Consider making it public. I learned long ago, making your goals public adds incentive. It means you know others are watching and we often don't like to fail when people are watching. I posted my list in my cubicle remember? Well, I answered to that in staff meetings on occasion. I was motivated to succeed. You can post one in your bedroom or somewhere your whole family can see it. And I again... it does not need to be a list of twenty or thirty goals. It can be as short as one. Be true to yourself.

I'll close with repeating what I feel is most important. You don't need the new year to begin again. Begin every time you need to begin again. It can be in February or November. Remember, the mind moves toward what it sees. What do you see in your future?


-Lars Hindsley