Phen375 Proactol LTD Advanced Health LTD Advanced Health LTD UniqueHoodia Slim Weight Patch

2010 Golden Globes

Happy Monday everyone!  I didn't get to watch all the awards, but I did manage to catch most of the red carpet pre-show (the most important part, no?)  What struck me last night was how many of the ladies looked pretty, but how few really had standout looks.  I know its not the Oscars, but it seemed that everyone was playing it a bit...safe.  Looking back I can't even pick out one look that I loved the best, but maybe its just me!  And I'm happy to hear The Hangover won - easily my favourite film of the year.

I noticed quite a bit of white on the red carpet.  I thought Kristen Bell looked darling in Jasmine Di Milo and Louboutins.  Also loved that Anna Kendrick and Kate Hudson chose sculptural Marchesa (although isn't Kate's dress reminiscent of what she wore to the Nine premiere?)





Lots of purple, too (I love purple!)  Rose Byrne looked uber-romantic in Lanvin.  Newly engaged Jane Krakowski was elegant in J. Medel and I liked Fergie's lilac number (she also sported another trend of the night - intricately beaded waists).  And, strippers or not, I don't think accessories get better looking than Josh Duhamel, am I wrong people? 

I liked the colour of Sandra Bullock's Bottega Veneta gown (and, really, how adorable is Sandra?) but I wasn't loving the bottom.  Leona Lewis was another in the purple brigade and Rita Wilson joined in with a purple floral pattern.







I thought Courteney Cox and Marion Cotillard looked beautiful
in Victoria Beckham and Dior, respectively.  Loved their fresh-faced
make-up and Courteney's dramatic earrings. 
 (Close ups here and here).




I'm loving sequins lately and I think Olivia Wilde's Gucci
gown really suited her.  Glenn Close looked smashing--
ditto Anna Paquin in Stella McCartney.





Can I please look this adorable when I'm pregnant? 
Loving Amy Adams' Carolina, but I'm even more in love

with her accessories, which totally match her hair!



And a few not so great looks...

Talk about busting out, I'm not loving the fit of Mad Men's
Christina Kendricks' Christian Siriano gown.



Julia Roberts looked pretty in vintage YSL,
but is it just me or is she too dressed down?



The stuff on the shoulder and waist of Drew's
Atelier Versace gown makes me think of those plastic pom-pom
things they use to decorate "Just Married" signs.



Hello girls!  Would have been a pretty dress if I
weren't so distracted by Mariah's twins.



Chloë Sevigny - I'm undecided on the Valentino.  It suited her and was on trend, but... something.  I'm not sure what. 

Penélope Cruz - Tanned and pretty in 2005 Armani Privé.  Am I the only one who noticed some similarity with the banding on Penélope's dress and that on Mariah's? 

Emily Blunt - Pretty.  Love the sparkly bracelets.

Christina Aguilera - Her Versace was totally her and I think she's looking great.

Glee's Lea Michele - Is it me or was she the only one to do a really big dramatic skirt?  Seemed like a bit much on her, maybe because I'm used to seeing her in fun, youthful, short numbers.

Carey Mulligan - Beautiful Nina Ricci dress, not sure if it suited her.

Julianna Margulies - Her Narciso Rodriguez was simple, elegant and seemed made for her.

January Jones - Loved the hair and make-up.  The Lanvin dress not so much.

Elisabetta Canalis was working the sex goddess thing in Cavalli.  I can't believe how much her face has changed over the years.  Maybe its just that she's skinnier but she looks so angular now.

I love Tina Fey.  I loved her Zac Posen from the waist up.

Is it just me or were Jennifer Garner, Jennifer Aniston and Heather Graham pretty but boring?  Same with Kate Winslet.

I thought Mickey Rourke's date looked rock 'n roll chic.

And I love Julianne Moore, but really?


What were your favourite--and least favourite--looks of the night?





Alla Prossima