Phen375 Proactol LTD Advanced Health LTD Advanced Health LTD UniqueHoodia Slim Weight Patch

The Last Emperor

While putting up the last of my Christmas decorations last night (down to the wire, I know!) I slipped in The Last Emperor DVD for a re-watch.  If anyone hasn't seen Matt Tyrnauer's documentary about the fashion designer Valentino Garavani, I'd recommend you do.



Photo from the nytimes.com

I enjoyed the backstage look at how the great designer prepares a collection, but I thought the parts about his relationship with business partner Giancarlo Giammetti were even better.  I think its beautiful - the understanding, the emotion, the love that comes with being by someone's side for the better part of 50 years.  I don't think it can be easy, either, always being the man in the shadows, but Giammetti pulls it off with charm, aplomb and grace.

And let's not forget Signor Valentino's pugs - they're adorableness alone would have made the doc worth watching!



Watching The Last Emperor has made me think of all the movies I want to get around to watching once all the holiday madness has subsided - Coco Avant Chanel, The Single Man, Up In The Air, and It's Complicated.  Hopefully I'll get a chance to see them soon.  I've also seen previews for The Bounty Hunter and Valentine's Day, which I'd like to see.  Are there any movies you're looking forward to?


Alla Prossima