Phen375 Proactol LTD Advanced Health LTD Advanced Health LTD UniqueHoodia Slim Weight Patch

Book of the Week: I Heart Hollywood

I was excited when I received a copy of I Heart Hollywood, the second in the I Heart Series by Lindsey Kelk, as the central character is a blogger. Being new to the blog world myself I was excited to see a blogger brought to life on the printed page. Angela Clark is an everywoman, someone who struggles with men and Weight Watchers and has a deep affinity for her Marc Jacobs bag. I could totally relate. In the first book Angela moves from England to New York to escape a broken heart and ends up finding a new life and a new career, as a blogger for The Look magazine. (So I guess that's where I stop relating to Angela as she's a paid blogger and all!)


I Heart Hollywood finds Angela giving it a second go with her New York boyfriend, Alex, the lead singer of an up-and-coming band and enjoying her life in the big city. Angela finds herself in love with Alex, but afraid he doesn't reciprocate, and bowled over by how sweet and attentive he is, but afraid the other shoe is about to drop. The hardest thing for Angela to accept is that sexy, almost-famous Alex actually wants her. When opportunity knocks--in the form of Angela's first ever proper celeb interview--the stakes get higher.

Angela is shocked when she learns that A-list Hollywood hottie James Jacobs has personally requested her for the interview. Even though Angela's boss is none too happy with the developments our intrepid blogger finds herself boarding a plane to L.A. with her best friend Jenny Lopez (no, not that Jenny from the Block). Not surprisingly hilarity ensues.


James Jacobs ends up being nicer and more handsome than Angela ever expected and when he actually starts flirting with her she is at pains to resist him, especially when the long distance thing with Alex doesn't seem to be working. Of course, a week out of town shouldn't be the death knell for any relationship but what would a chick lit book be without a little drama? Everything is made more complicated when Angela finds herself splashed all over the gossip websites. And while Perez is claiming that Angela is James Jacobs' new girlfriend, Angela is trying to convince Alex that its all a misunderstanding. It seems that more than a few people in this book have secrets and its interesting to watch as Angela tries to untangle the web of deception and to see whether she and Alex make it through this bump in the road to finally be able to tell one another how they really feel.


Lindsey Kelk is an entertaining and genuinely funny writer and Angela is the kind of bumbling character that you feel for. Sure, there's nothing ground breaking here but the book was definitely a breezy read and I'm already looking forward to the third installment of the series, I Heart Paris. Can't wait!

I also have to say that I am so happy that Gossip Girl is back. I didn't get to watch the whole episode, but I was just about at my limit with my Chuck and Blair, Nate and Serena withdrawal. What did you think of the episode?