Phen375 Proactol LTD Advanced Health LTD Advanced Health LTD UniqueHoodia Slim Weight Patch

Cherry and Violet Cocktail Ring

If you're like me and love discovering great sellers on Etsy then you should check out Cherry and Violet's shop. The lovely Angie, based in Louisville, sent me a gorgeous piece from her collection to review. The item came well packaged in a bubble envelope and was nestled in a pretty little box neatly tied with a pink bow. Perfect if you are thinking of purchasing a gift or for making a purchase for yourself extra special!


Inside the beautiful packaging was Cherry and Violet's Emerald City Ring. Like many of Angie's products the ring was repurposed from a piece of vintage jewellery. I love the idea of an old piece found in some small antique store getting a new lease on life as a totally new item that a new generation of woman can love. Of course, these repurposed items are limited in quanity so if you fall in love with a piece make sure to snap it up quickly!

Anyone who knows me knows that I like nothing better than a chunky cocktail ring. I wear them all the time and have an assortment in different metals and colours. The Emerald City Ring definitely stacks up both in terms of the statement it makes and its unique style. Even with the great knuckle-to-knuckle size of the ring it still has a streamlined, elegant feel. I've been wearing this ring for the better part of a week (including Wednesday--could a piece be more perfect for St. Paddy's Day?) and I can't tell you how many compliments I've gotten. I love the mix of the gold with the emerald green glass and rhinestones. Its also cool to think that the gorgeous ring was once a pair of earrings!


The base of the ring is made in brass and the the band is vintage raw brass. I found the ring to be very comfortable to wear despite its size and loved that it was adjustable--perfect for online shopping. Angie does warn that due to the materials used the band will show a slight patina after continued wearing and suggests keeping it dry to minimize this. I did notice some of this, but it was minor and wouldn't stop me from buying another piece from the shop. Now that I've fallen in love with the Emerald City ring I've definitely got my eye on some other gorgeous pieces in the shop:

Hollywood Glamour Necklace
Made of a Vintage Repurposed Brooch and Chain


Scarlet Statement Ring
A Vintage Red Cabochon on Wide Hammered Band


Angie has also started to produce a line of painted clay jewellery.

Fleur de Lis Bracelet
Hot Pink Polymer Clay on Silver Hammered Cuff


Stay tuned for my Spring Giveaway
details will be up next week!

Have a wonderful weekend
and Happy Spring!