Phen375 Proactol LTD Advanced Health LTD Advanced Health LTD UniqueHoodia Slim Weight Patch

Oscar Fashion 2010

I didn't actually get to watch the Academy Awards this year, but I did PVR the red carpet to watch at three am. Yay to Sandra Bullock and Kathryn Bigelow and Mo'Nique on the wins -- I guess it really was Girls' Night at the Oscars. So let's get down to the important stuff...

WIN

Loved Rachel McAdams in Elie Saab. Thought the print and the cut of the dress was great. Easy, breezy, beautiful...as they say.


I hate to admit it, but Miley's Jenny Packham was one of my fave looks of the night.


First let me just say that I love Sandra Bullock. Second, I will admit that when I first saw these dresses in the Marchesa show I thought, very Nancy Kerrigan circa-1994. Now I'm starting to think the dress just doesn't photograph well. When I saw Sandra on the red carpet I thought she totally pulled off this look, really shimmered, but then I look at the photo and would never think the dress looked that good live.


Some might say this dress is safe, but I thought Penélope looked glam in a Donna Karan that totally suited.


Diane Kruger in Chanel was sublime.


The always classy Julianne Moore in Calvin Klein. Beautiful.


The ageless Sigourney Weaver looked divine in blood red Lanvin.


Posh looks understated and elegant in a dress from her line and a honkin' sapphire.


Not usually a big Jennifer Hudson fan, but I think of all the stars that did blue this year (think Mo'Nique, Gabourey Sidibe), she pulled it off best.


Amy Adams?  You. Are. Adorable.





LOSE

I didn't notice too many disasterous choices on the carpet, but I think there are some stars who really could have done better. Vera Farminga I am talking to you. How many red carpet fashion disasters are we up to now?! There was seriously not a better Marchesa dress you could have put on your lovely self?


I'm really not feeling this look and its not just that Elisabetta Canalis seems to always date famous men I have a crush on (Clooney, her soccer star ex Vieri) and I'm horribly jealous. Really, that's not it. For some reason this Cavalli just screams prom to me (and not in a good way). I'm not a huge fan of the fit, fabric or colour either.


Charlize Theron and her strategically placed satin flowers pain me. They really, really do.


Another actress on the lilac bandwagon was J. Lo (see also Zoe Saldana below). I wanted to love this Armani Privé, but alas I could not get over the growth on Jenny's side. If the dress had been left a simple column I think it would have really worked, because the colour does look sublime on her. Not feeling the hair, either, and wasn't her dress a little too similar to Amanda Seyfried's?  Jennifer's Gucci after party dress wasn't much better.


DRAW

I love SJP's Chanel. L.O.V.E. Her super orange fake tan? Not so much. Totally distracted me from the beauty of the rest of the ensemble. And did you notice she's sporting Chanel temporary tats?


The top of Zoe Saldana's Givency is gorgeous and the colour is stunning on her. I really wanted to love this dress, but knees down its just a disaster. Reminds me of a crazy poodle.


I'm still not sure about the print of Maggie's Dries von Noten, but I think the whole look suits her. As for the night's bright lipstick trend (see also Sandra, Charlize, etc.), Maggie seemed to pull it off best. I also loved the jewels in her hair--ditto Diane Kruger's. The more I think about it Maggie probably deserves to be in the "win" column.


I am so happy that Cameron looks pretty. Its been awhile. Sure I feel like I've seen this de la Renta before (maybe on Reese or Penélope?), but I'll let it pass. I have to say Cameron's after party dress was also gorgeous and more cutting edge.


Its the tale of two dresses. The dramatic back of Nicole Riche's Reem Acra really caught my eye, but then she turned around and the only word that came to mind was frump.


I think this Elie Saab is gorgeous. The romance of it suits Anna Kendrick and I love the lace along the slit. What I don't love is the colour. I find it washes the poor girl out.


Thoughts?