Phen375 Proactol LTD Advanced Health LTD Advanced Health LTD UniqueHoodia Slim Weight Patch

Preity Zinta: Beyond Bollywood


The fact that Preity Zinta bid for an IPL team suggests she is not a run of the mill Bollywood actress. The fact that she won it suggests she 'Preity' much gets what she wants. Photo Credit: IANS/File

12 February 2008 (Sawf News) - The fact that Preity Zinta bid for an IPL team suggests she is not a run of the mill Bollywood actress. The fact that she won it suggests she 'Preity' much gets what she wants.

Zinta and her boy friend Ness Wadia won the bid for the Mohali team by committing a whopping $76 million and she understands that her foray into cricket is a big risk.

"I am not as rich as the other people in it. I don't have IPOs; I don't have public money. I was putting a lot of my hard-earned money," she told the Mumbai Mirror in an interview.

The reason why she took the risk is because "I have always believed that until you go to the edge of the cliff, you will not experience the thrill of life."

That is vintage Zinta for you.

She admits she has a lot to learn about the game.

"Believe me; I know only what are boundaries and sixers - but so what? Did I know anything about films when I got into Bollywood?" she asks.

The 33-year-old daughter of a former Army officer says she will attend every match that her team will play.

When quizzed what will become of her film career she jokes, "I will take the shooting to the stadium and shoot the matches."

"On a serious note, I have already adjusted my dates," she adds.

She may be a novice but has her instincts right. Her team captain, Yuvraj Singh, who is currently on tour in Australia with the Indian cricket team, has recently been in the news more for his interest in Bollywood debutante Deepika Padukone than his wielding of the willow.

Zinta is however unfazed by his poor form and a known attitude.

"How can anyone forget the six sixers he hit in a single over in T-20 competition?" she asks pragmatically.

Zinta shows some of the same pragmatism talking about her love life.

"I am a normal girl - I want to get married and have kids. But I can't get married just because everybody wants me to," she says.