Phen375 Proactol LTD Advanced Health LTD Advanced Health LTD UniqueHoodia Slim Weight Patch

Mom Was Right -- So Was I


No one would have ever believed me. You most likely won't believe me now. That's OK. I've often thought of this and I think I knew the secret to the common cold all my life.

Here is the theory. Do ever remember the kid standing at the bus stop shivering in the cold fall morning because he didn't want to carry a coat around at school? That was me. Well, that odd behavior resulted in a theory of mine over the years.

The body slowly builds up a tolerance to the cold. Here my theory went nowhere. I mean, why? There are no viruses floating around in the cold air. They can't survive. Now remember how your mother would scold you, "Don't forget to wear a coat, you'll catch a death of cold!" How do the two go together? If a virus can't survive the cold, but you catch a cold in the cold... what is the link?

The answer is you would both be right. Your mother was right you'll catch a cold in the cold, and you are right the virus doesn't come from the cold. Now for the answer. Scientist have a new theory as the answer to the common cold. It's one I agree with as I've lived by it for years.

Here are the two theories and you'll see they converge. Mine has been that you slowly build up an immunity to the cold airs affects on your body. Note that I didn't say cold air, I said it's effects. Cold air can freeze you that is obvious. What happens is your body already harbors the common cold, a virus that you never really get over. Your bodies own antivirus antibodies contain the virus. But when you go out in the cold for the first time, your body is surprised by this sudden change and can't cope with your common cold virus and it takes hold for a day, or for days. My answer has always been to go out for a short time, then longer and longer. And if the theory by the University of Calgary team of scientist is correct, then my theory has legs. They put together the pieces I never could.

In a nutshell they've established that the human bodies' own defenses over-react to sudden cold and creates a domino effect in your body where it behaves as if there was a virus to contain. The Calgary team released a study outlining the role of the Rhinovirus plays in our health. While they see the Rhinovirus as a player from other illnesses, I suggest perhaps that is the virus that is always there, lying dormant and contained until you wear down your bodies immunity on that cold fall or winter day.

Until then, mom was right. Wear a jacket.

Or don't and slowly build up your bodies defenses so they don't over react.

Keywords: health