Phen375 Proactol LTD Advanced Health LTD Advanced Health LTD UniqueHoodia Slim Weight Patch

Getaways Guest Blog Series: Helena of A Diary of Lovely

Helena of A Diary of Lovely is truly one of the sweetest bloggers you'll ever come across. Her blog is filled with beautiful things and inspiring images. If you've yet to discover A Diary of Lovely I suggest you take a look, you're sure to be charmed. Read on to find out more about one of Helena's favourite vacation destinations, a country that also holds a special place in my heart.



I'm so so honoured to be part of this. Connie is one of my first blog friends and when she asked me to participate in this new and very exciting series I didn't hesitate. I am a bit torn about my favourite getaway to be honest. At the moment it would probably be my hometown of Barcelona--seeing how much I miss it--but it’s not a real getaway, I guess, so here are my answers! Thanks Connie!

Favourite Vacation Spot

The Cyclades in Greece. I have been to several of the islands and without a doubt it is THE place to go for me. I am half Greek, so Greece and everything related is extremely close to my heart. And even if this wasn’t the case I don’t think I could resist the beauty of the Cyclades.

Mykonos

Santorini

Where to Stay

It will depend of course on what island you actually go to. I absolutely loved Sifnos when I went several years back with my mum for a lovely mum-daughter holiday. We stayed at a very simple hotel five steps from the beach, literally at Platis Gialos. It’s one of the most gorgeous beaches on the island, with golden sand and blue waters. The hotel was ON the beach and the location was absolutely dreamy. These places are not luxurious, but are in the best location if what you want is to enjoy the beach, the sun and good food. The Niriedes Hotel is not on the beach but has gorgeous views over the little bay and is really pretty.

The Niriedes Hotel

If I was to go to Santorini, I would probably chose a hotel in Oia with volcano views and pretty balconies facing the sunset. At the moment I´m absolutely loving The Mystique.

The Mystique Santorini

Typical View in Santorini

Folegandros is one of the smaller islands in the area and probably the most charming with its breathtaking views and tiny villages. On the island the The Castro Hotel is the place to go. The hotel is part of a medieval castle build in the 1500s to defend the city and has a gorgeous roof terrace.

Castro Hotel Folegandros

Castro Hotel Folegandros - Roof Terrace

All the islands have gorgeous hotels that I would love to visit someday. Here are some of my favorites in Mykonos: Cavo Tagoo and Grace Mykonos.


Where to Eat

Greek food is world renowned and the islands are full of tavernas, some good some not as good. Asking the locals might be a good option to find the best place to go. Don't forget to try fresh fish, Greek salad with vine tomatoes and feta cheese.

Archipelagos Restaurant

Some highly recommended restaurants in Santorini are Archipelagos, Koukoumavlos and Nikolas.

In Mykonos the place to go is award-winning Matsuhisa. Yes, it's not Greek but it's apparently the best from the Nobu creator.



Five Vacation Essentials

I over pack, actually no, wrong, the right thing to say is: “I don’t know how to pack.” But if I had to choose five essentials they would probably be bikinis, white tank tops, Havaianas, sundresses and shorts, and sun cream.





What I Bring for the Journey…

One of my BFFs always says, “I wish I could travel like a lady, without all this crap.” Well same here. When I travel I carry about half my life, but I do have some basics. A book, socks, an extra sweater and a scarf (I hate how cold the planes are). I also bring water and snacks--chocolate or something salty, when I wake up I always feel hungry.


Favourite Travelling Companion

I would say it depends on the location, type of holiday, the mood and many other things. One of my best travel companions has been my dear friend Theo (yes, the one who can’t travel like a lady.) My BF, too. We share a life so sharing holidays is just a natural thing.


The Next Spot I’d Like to Visit…

So many places, so little time! New York is top on my list, and Miami for a reason I can't understand. And Zanzibar!

{via}