Phen375 Proactol LTD Advanced Health LTD Advanced Health LTD UniqueHoodia Slim Weight Patch

Katy Perry Sues Australian Fashion Designer Katie Perry


Tuesday, June 16th, it was reported in an Australian newspaper that fashion designer, Katie Perry was served a cease-and-desist order from lawyers representing singer, Katy Perry aimed at stopping her from trademarking her birth name for a clothing label. Katie Perry started her "luxury loungewear" line more than two years ago. She has been selling her clothes online and through local stores. She recently opened her first retail store in Sydney when she first filed to trademark her name for the store and her line.

She then received a letter from a British law firm, on the behalf of Katy Perry, asking her to stop selling her line. "I got such a huge shock. It really felt like I was being intimidated and bullied into signing everything away," Katie Perry told the newspaper. "It asked me to give up the trademark, withdraw sales of my clothes, withdraw any advertising and any Web sites and sign that I will not in the future use a similar trademark to Katy Perry. I pretty much burst into tears," stated designer Katie Perry.

"I love my business. I'm not going to give it away without a fight, either," she said. She has also stated that she has no plans to cease and desist just because her name happens to be similar to an internationally famous pop star. Looks like we have a Perry Perry showdown on our hands.