Phen375 Proactol LTD Advanced Health LTD Advanced Health LTD UniqueHoodia Slim Weight Patch

Holidays 2010: Festive Makeup - Clarins Barocco Colour Collection


I know my American friends still have Thanksgiving to look forward to, but here, with Thanksgiving long over it's starting to feel--if not look--a lot like Christmas. I'm happy to find I'm in the festive mood this year. I've started my shopping early (although that by no means indicates I will actually finish early) and I'm seeing holiday inspiration everywhere, so I thought I'd commit to at least one holiday post per week from now until Christmas. If this is a terrible idea please let me know!


When I was in Shoppers recently I spotted the above photo on a display and instantly fell for the rich and romantic look of Clarins' limited edition Barocco Holiday Colour Collection. I can't recall ever having purchased a Clarins product before, but I instantly snatched up the Barocco Eye Colour Trio and Barocco Rouge Prodige lipstick. I tried out the look this weekend and was pleasantly surprised.

The eyeshadow comes with a matte black, a black and gold "duo" that makes everything from a pretty bronze to a brassy black, and a "pearly gold" perfect for the browbone area. It was easy to blend and smudge and lasted well into the night. I'm glad I purchased when I did--at the register I was told the store I was at only received two of these pretty trios.
 

Without meaning to I stumbled on my go-to makeup look for this holiday season. Not only does the dramatic red lip and sparkly gold and bronze shadow seem decidedly festive, but they also make me feel ready for the rounds of parties that are already upon me.


The collection also includes the Barocco Gold Shimmer Powder For Face and Décolleté (gold dust in a can, basically) and the Face Palette compact powder.


What make-up look will you be sporting this holiday season?


I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Don't forget to enter the Dr. Perricone giveaway.