Phen375 Proactol LTD Advanced Health LTD Advanced Health LTD UniqueHoodia Slim Weight Patch

Book of the Week: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies


It is a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie
in possession of brains must be in want of more brains...

And so begins Pride and Prejudice and Zombies the mash-up novel by Seth Grahame-Smith and Jane Austen.  I've been wary of this book, so I've only now gotten around to reading it and its not even because I love the original as is.  I think, for me, its more because I'm a vampire girl and not a zombie lover.  Zombies have always struck me as kind of slimy and just, well, boring, although I can certainly get behind ninjas (which this book contains).  I know this novel is supposed to be a slick parody of the original, but I just didn't really get it. 


So there are zombies and ninjas and sex jokes, fighting Bennett sisters trained in China, and poor Charlotte Lucas, whose infection by an "unmentionable" goes unnoticed by everyone but Lizzie.  It just didn't really do it for me.  I didn't find it all that funny and I thought the injection of the zombie business was really incongruous with the original story.


I think maybe the movie version, which is reported to star Natalie Portman, will be more entertaining.  The special effects and actually seeing the action might make it all flow better.

Then again maybe its just me.  If I'm missing something here please enlighten me!

2.5/5


Alla Prossima