Phen375 Proactol LTD Advanced Health LTD Advanced Health LTD UniqueHoodia Slim Weight Patch

Lost Wednesdays: The Substitute



WARNING: POST CONTAINS EPISODE SPOILERS



An episode full of Sawyer and Locke, I really can't complain.  Locke really is a tortured character isn't he?  So...sad.  And I thought Sawyer really hit the nail on the head when he recognized that Smokey wasn't Locke, because he wasn't scared and Locke was always scared. 

I was very happy to see Helen back.  For some reason it seems that Locke is destined to be helped by the Losties in the alternate universe--Jack, Hurley, Rose.  Ben as a teacher grousing about coffee filters--I was DYING.  And I guess they've made it clear that in the alternate reality John isn't the man of faith he was praised as at his funeral.  (And, seriously, was that the funniest/weirdest funeral ever?  Ben is classic.)

"He was a better man than I will ever be...
and I'm very sorry that I murdered him."
-Ben Linus

I did find it funny that Helen referenced John's father and inviting him to the wedding.  Is this father Cooper?  If so, John is on good terms with him?  How did he get paralyzed in this reality?  (So. Many. Damn. Questions.)

I'm glad we got some answers in the cave.  The names on the list as being possible Guardian(s) of the Island, the numbers (corresponding to seat numbers?)...Was it me or was Kate's name not there?  I wonder what the criteria is to be a candidate, do you have to be a man?


I also found it interesting that Smokey said that Jacob had actively manipulated the Losties to get them to the island.  What if the alternate reality is one where Jacob did not make this contact?

And what's with that kid in the jungle (could he be Aaron?)  Why can Sawyer see him but not Richard?  What rules does Smokey now have to follow and why can he no longer change forms?  I was kind of surprised that Sawyer has decided he wants to go "home."  I guess the island is unbearable without Juliet?  I wonder what Sawyer and Smokey have to do, together, to get off the island.


I will be happy the day that the majority of my sentences regarding this show don't end with a question mark!

At this point what's really driving me crazy is trying to figure out whether its Jacob or Smokey who is "good."  I know there is all the white and black imagery, but I have a feeling that the way its being presented is way too obvious.  And I really need to know how Aaron fits in with all this.


What did you think about the episode?

Alla Prossima