Phen375 Proactol LTD Advanced Health LTD Advanced Health LTD UniqueHoodia Slim Weight Patch

Favourite Romantic Movies: Part 1

To continue this week's Valentine's Day theme I've decided to round up my top ten modern romantic movies in no particular order.  I decided to leave classics like Casablanca out and just concentrate on movies from the 90s on.  Its so hard to choose and there were many movies I love that are not on this list (Bridget Jones' Diary among them, what can I say? I'm a sucker for Colin Firth!) 


10.  Love Jones

"All of these people running around here
jumping, skipping, falling in love...falling
in love ain't shit. Somebody talk to me,
please, about how to stay there."


"We're just... kickin' it..."


Nina: You always want what you want when you want it. Why is everything so urgent with you? 
Darius: Let me tell you somethin'. This here, right now, at this very moment, is all that matters to me. I love you. That's urgent like a motherf****er."


9.  Four Weddings and a Funeral

Sure, Andie McDowell was annoying, but Hugh Grant and his pals make this movie.  Charles getting decked in the church is classic and that funeral scene?  Kills. Me.

"He was my North, my South, my
East, and West. My working week
and my Sunday rest. My noon, my
midnight, my talk, my song..."


Gareth: He'll ask her to marry him.
Charles: Brilliant! Brilliant!
Gareth: Suddenly they've got something to talk about for the rest of their lives.
Charles: Basically you're saying marriage is just a way of getting out of an embarrassing pause in conversation.
Gareth: The definitive icebreaker.


8.  The Cutting Edge

Doug is macho hockey player who gets injured at the Olympics ending any dreams he had of going pro.  Kate is a spoiled little rich girl looking to finally medal in figure skating.  When her coach brings an unwitting Doug in to be her partner the sparks--and insults--really begin to fly.

"Toe pick!"


Hale: I don't like to see her upset.
Doug: If I was you, I'd invest in blindfolds.


Kate: We never get along. I mean, we're always fighting.
Hale: Foreplay.



7.  P.S. I Love You

This movie made me lose my shit.  Its a rare film (ahem, Love Story, Beaches and Terms of Endearment) that can make me cry from beginning to end, but this one made me do it.  I'm talking sobbing, hiccuping, the whole deal.  I'm not even a big Hilary Swank fan, but God love Gerard Butler!


"Every morning I still wake up and the first
thing I want to do is to see your face."


Gerry writing to Holly:  "You made me a man by loving me Holly. And for that, I am eternally grateful... literally. If you can promise me anything, promise me that whenever you're sad, or unsure, or you lose complete faith, that you'll try to see yourself through my eyes. Thank you for the honor of being my wife. I'm a man with no regrets. How lucky am I. You made my life, Holly. But I'm just one chapter in yours."


Holly Kennedy: That's a real honest to goodness couple right there. They've probably been together since the flood.
Daniel Connelly: We're so arrogant, aren't we? So afraid of age, we do everything we can to prevent it. We don't realize what a privilege it is to grow old with someone. Someone who doesn't drive you to commit murder or doesn't humiliate you beyond repair.
 
 
6.  Love and Basketball

"I've been in love with you since I was
eleven, and the shit won't go away."


Young Quincy:  You want to be my girl? What do I have to do? I guess we can play ball and ride to school together and when you get mad at me, I gotta give you flowers.
Monica: But I don't like flowers.
Quincy:  Oh.
Monica:  How about Twinkies? My mom won't ever buy them.


 What are some of your favourites?

Images via Google Images

Alla Prossima