Phen375 Proactol LTD Advanced Health LTD Advanced Health LTD UniqueHoodia Slim Weight Patch

New House Purchase: Carrera Marble Washstand


Do you remember my post awhile back about finding a vanity just like this one for a steal (the one above is from Restoration Hardware)? And how my husband wasn't thrilled about the style? And then I was all heartbroken and what not? Well, good news! After searching high and low for something else we liked M finally came around and decided he liked this washstand (which he's dubbed The Spider) after all. My faith in my superior powers of persuasion has been restored!

So yesterday we went to buy it and...guess what? It was even cheaper than the first time I looked at it. This never happens to me. Obviously this washstand and I were meant to be. Now I just have to decide on what fixtures to put with it and whether or not I want to change out the builder tile. I'm not 100% on doing that yet. I'd like to but there are definitely more important house things to spend money on first.



Due to exposed pipes M says he'll be installing
a finishing valve like this one from Dahl.

Same with wallpaper. I'm planning on wallpapering our powder room and because it's a small space it will be relatively affordable if I'm good and pick relatively affordable wallpaper, but I may just paint it for now and do wallpaper down the road. I guess we'll just have to see where we're at when the time comes.
Oh, and I'll need to buy a toilet paper holder, garbage can, mirror and light fixture. How is it my lists just keep getting longer?! There is the issue of lack of storage with this vanity, but I'm not too concerned as it is just for a powder room and I can always put a basket or something underneath if I feel the need.

Anyway, I'm just glad that the powder room vanity can now be crossed off our house To Do list! We had a pretty productive weekend in terms of furniture too, I think we've narrowed down our couch ideas and found some great contenders for a table. Oh, and yesterday I went to try Five Guys Burgers. I've heard a lot about them and decided I wanted to see what the buzz was about. When I got there the line was out the door. My verdict? Burger was definitely good, fries were meh, I doubt I would wait in that line up again. Have you tried Five Guys? What did you think?