Phen375 Proactol LTD Advanced Health LTD Advanced Health LTD UniqueHoodia Slim Weight Patch

Getaways Guest Blog Series: Bailey of Peppermint Bliss

I bet most of you are well acquainted with the bubbly and delightful Bailey of Peppermint Bliss. I love Bailey's blog not only for the great inspiration she provides, but for her hilarious posts--the girl always manages to put a smile on my face. I also admire the fortitude it takes to plan a wedding while moving and renovating a home, and I can't wait to see the final product where both the wedding and the new home are concerned! Read on to find out about a few of Bailey's favourite vacation things...


Favorite Vacation Spot

LA, I have gone for many reasons over the years (visiting friends, planning my wedding) and always have a blast.


“What’s your dream? This is Hollywood. EVERYBODY’s got a dream!” My dream is best friendship with Britney Spears, and LA seems as good a place as any to meet her.

{Me at the Britney Spears concert last year}

Where to Stay

There are endless hip and trendies to stay at in LaLaLand, but I prefer the classic: The Beverly Hills Hotel. The history, the location, the fabulous gardens, the Martinique wallpaper…perfection.



Where to Eat

For lunch there is no better spot than the patio at the Polo Lounge, also in the Beverly Hills Hotel. The food is delish, but the real reason to go is Grade A celebrity sightings. Victoria Beckham, Kate Hudson, Nicole Richie, Katie Holmes, Gwen Stefani--the last of which I consumed the better half of a bottle of wine at 2 in the afternoon whilst seated next to. I couldn’t help it, I didn’t want to leave and miss the opportunity to become one of her Harajuku Lovers.


What to Do

Obviously the shopping is ridiculous, but I am not TOTALLY materialistic/superficial. The Getty Museum is unreal, for the exhibits and the views.


A great Sunday would be to visit the famers markets in Santa Monica in the morning for brunch, there are tons of great places to eat including a Make Your Own Pancake spot. Afterwards, rent bikes for a ride down to Venice Beach.



Five Vacation Essentials

Clarisonic face scrubber, my Smythson planner, iPhone (Yelp, Google Maps and Open Table are essential), camera, annnddd Spanx--cause I’m keeping it real.


{Vacation Essentials}


What I Pack

No matter what I pack I end up hating everything I brought. Especially in LA, where the tweens are better dressed than me (what the eff is the deal, when I was 13 I had a choice betwixt the GAP and umbros…) My Loro Piana scarves and Retro Superfuture sunglasses are staples though.



What I Bring for the Journey...

Magazines. I am ritualistic about my magazine consumption. I start with the junk food, the Us Weekly and the People, and work my way up through the fashion mags saving the best, Elle and Elle Décor, for last. Oh, and I read them back to front. Wild, I know.


Favorite Travel Companion

My fiancé, Pete. We have been lucky enough to travel a lot together over the course of our relationship. Whether we are backpacking through Europe, living it up in New York, or heading to Alabama on an impromptu road trip, we always manage to have a good time, and can make each other laugh when things go horribly, horribly awry.

{Picnic in Paris}

{Dining in Cinque Terre}

{Super greasy backpacking through Europe}


The Next Spot I'd Like to Visit...

Munich, I fell in love with Germany when I visited briefly on my Eurotrip after college, but we never made it to Munich. Maybe for Oktoberfest next year!



Thank you so much for asking me to participate! Now I need to get to planning my next adventure!