Phen375 Proactol LTD Advanced Health LTD Advanced Health LTD UniqueHoodia Slim Weight Patch

Getaways Guest Blog Series: Dawn of The Alternative Wife

I'm sure most of you are well acquainted with Dawn and her lovely blog The Alternative Wife. Dawn is seriously one of the nicest bloggers around and I'm always excited to see what gorgeous new images she has to serve up daily. Without further ado some of Dawn's favourite vacation things...






Favorite Vacation Spot - The Canadian Rockies

[pictures really are worth a thousand words]



Where to Stay

The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel, the "Castle in the Rockies" with the best spa in the world - The Willow Stream Spa.

{via}

{via}

{via}



Where to Eat

The Post Hotel, Lake Louise


{via}



What to Do

You'll see the majority of these places are lakes because nothing beats the breathtaking vibrant emerald and turquoise glacier lakes set against the majestic snow-capped mountains! :)


Moraine Lake

{via}


Lake Louise

Be sure to check out the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise at the foot of the lake while you're there.

{via}

The Willow Stream Spa at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel

{via}

I've spent many a full day there being beyond pampered :)

Peyton Lake in Jasper National Park

The color of this lake took my breath away! It's a gorgeous milky turquoise blue. It doesn't look real!!!
 
 
 
Jasper

We stayed at the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge and it was amazing. 
 



Five Vacation Essentials

Hair Dryer - I have curly hair and hotel dryers won't do so I lug my Elchium professional dryer wherever I go. I also always bring a camera/Flip, my Blackberry, extra packs of Dentyne Fire Gum, and large scarves that I use as wraps or blankets for plane rides.

{via}

Some other essentials - chargers, sometimes my computer and I also always bring a cork screw because I don't want to risk being without one :)

{via}


Packing Tips

Both times I've been to the Canadian Rockies I've gone in the late spring (end of May/beginning of June) and late summer (early September). The weather can be a bit unpredictable in the mountains so I bring lots of layers.

Day - Tanks, yoga pants, cargo pants, jeans, hoodies (especially my Gucci cashmere one that's so lightweight but provides a ton of warmth) fleece, hiking boots, Ed Hardy kicks, courd jacket and a bathing suit.
Vacation Wear
Night - Dresses and skirts, a wrap, cardis, and strappy flats and heels plus a clutch.


What I Bring for the Journey...

Tons of magazines, water, snacks and an iPod.


{via}


Favorite Traveling Companion

My favorite person to do anything with - J <3



The Next Spot I'd Like to Visit...

Australia, Spain, Scandinavia (J's family's from Norway so it's on my short list :))

{via}

Thanks so much for asking me to take part in this, Connie! It was so fun to daydream and remember my favorite journeys :)



All photos courtesy of The Alternative Wife, unless otherwise noted.