Phen375 Proactol LTD Advanced Health LTD Advanced Health LTD UniqueHoodia Slim Weight Patch

Movie: Julie & Julia

Last week, I watched the movie Julie&Julia. I originally wanted to watch it when it came out in the theaters last year, but I just wasn't able to, and then it took me months to actually watch it on DVD.


The main reason why I wanted to watch it is, of course, because it is about cooking and food. And in that aspect, the movie did not disappoint. It feels like I took a crash course on cooking. Yes, I cannot cook those dishes they had in the movie, but I'm happy I added a few French cooking/food terms to my vocabulary. :D


Meryl Streep as Julia Child is brilliant, as always. What else do I have to say? She's Meryl Streep, it's a given. :D


Amy Adams as Julie Powell is good too. I just miss her gorgeous long, red hair (like the one she had in Enchanted). In this movie, she blogged about her challenge to cook 524 recipes from Julia Child's cookbook in 365 days. As a blogger, of course, I was excited by the fact that she had a blog. :)

One thing I have to say, though, is that her character is not as lovable as Giselle in Enchanted (haha, can you tell that I love that movie?). But nevertheless, she delivered, definitely. :)


Stanley Tucci as Paul Child

Stanley Tucci is basically like Meryl Streep. He's good, as always. :)


Halfway through the movie, I was getting a bit restless and bored. But then, Jane Lynch, aka Glee's Sue Sylvester showed up as Julia's sister, Dorothy. :D


The actors in the movie were all brilliant, I guess it's just the storyline that got me bored and looking forward to the ending. Don't get me wrong, though; it's a good movie - there were quite a few funny moments. It's just that after seeing it once, I don't think I'm gonna watch it a second or third time, unless I'm at home and I see it on HBO or something.

Have you seen Julie&Julia? Opinions? Thoughts? :D

*all images are from Google*