Phen375 Proactol LTD Advanced Health LTD Advanced Health LTD UniqueHoodia Slim Weight Patch

Essence Black Mania Carbon Black Volume Mascara Review

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! There is another week ahead of us - I hope we all have a good one. Can you believe it's August 1st in a week? Wow. Next thing we know, it's Halloween, then Thanksgiving, then Christmas. ;)

It's been a pretty fun weekend for me - lots of family bonding time. How was yours?

I have mentioned quite a few times that I am a makeup newbie. I am enjoying learning how to put makeup on, and I actually do like getting all dolled up. :D

I have yet to perfect putting mascara on, though. I have been using the clear/gel kind of mascara, but my sister gave me the real thing. Haha, let's just say I have to practice! I get it all over my eyeshadow and under my eyes too. It's a disaster. But I did okay this morning when I was putting it on. There were a couple of smudges here and there, but nothing a Q-tip won't fix.

Any mascara tips for me? ;)

My sister got me the Essence Black Mania Carbon Black Volume Mascara.

Photobucket

Stunning eyes. The fiber brush in Black Mania Carbon Black Volume Mascara by Essence covers every single hair with carbon black pigments for intense color and sensational volume. ($2.99, Ulta.com)

As a first time user, I can't really compare this mascara with other brands. That being said, I haven't had any problems with it (besides the part about having to practice putting it on, haha). It doesn't clump. It makes my lashes look longer and fuller. And true to its description, it covers every single hair. I find that it brightens my eyes and makes them look more alive. :D

The main reason why I've put off using actual black mascara is because I wear contact lens - I get teary-eyed and I often have to use eye drops - thus, I worry that the black mascara might smear. This mascara isn't the waterproof kind, but I haven't had smearing problems. I yawned a couple of times today, and fortunately it didn't smear. I haven't really used eye drops with this, so that remains to be seen. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, though.

I fell asleep for a bit this afternoon, and there are now faint black smudges under my eyes. But, I'm thinking that's normal and expected. ;)

It is also very reasonably priced at $2.99. Perfect for people like me who are just starting out with makeup. :D

What is your favorite mascara? Any tips and recommendations? :D

*Oh, and the code "mimi" is valid until July 31st to get 15% off items (excluding sale items) at http://www.alainnbella.com/!* :)