Phen375 Proactol LTD Advanced Health LTD Advanced Health LTD UniqueHoodia Slim Weight Patch

Getaways Guest Blog Series: Daniella of Dress, Design and Decor

I'm sure most of you are familiar with Daniella, the lovely design wiz behind the inspirational Dress, Design and Decor blog, where you'll always find insightful posts and beautiful images. Daniella, a talented graphic designer, is also at the helm of two other blogs: Inspiration for Well Being and Bicyclette--you should definitely check them out if you haven't yet! Today Daniella is here to share some of her travel memories and tips for making a vacation great.




Favourite Vacation Spot

I've always been a big fan of Europe. I love that sense of discovery and adventure in a new town – especially when there's so much history to it. I absolutely, and will always, adore Paris (utterly romantic and perfectly chic!) but one of my favourite spots to vacation is Scotland.


Where to Stay

Glasgow of course! This is where the majority of my family lives and I absolutely love it. When I step off the plane, it just feels like home. There's plenty to discover in this wonderful city, from gorgeous parks to fabulous shopping, delightful tea shops and tons of pubs. Glasgow is known for it's friendly vibe, tons of energy and fashion sense (it's motto is after all, "Scotland with Style").


If you're on the lookout for a more classic feel, Edinburgh is your town, with gorgeous architecture, beautiful gardens, and Scotland's most famous castle.



Where to Eat

The Willow Teahouse in Glasgow is one of my must-stops when visiting. Designed by Charles Rennie Mackintosh, it's the perfect place for tea and scones after a long day of shopping and exploring the city.


What to Do


Sauchiehall and Buchanan Street are a shopper's dream... there's tons of places to check out from H&M to Topshop, Miss Selfridge and Primark. I've spent many an all-day trip on this block. Next up there's the Argyll Arcade where over 32 jewellers are set up all under one roof...perfect stop to pick up a gorgeous accessory or two.


Explore some of the city's true gems like The Glasgow School of Art, The Lighthouse, The Gallery of Modern Art or Pollok House. And be sure to wave down your nightly neighbourhood ice-cream van... there's nothing like hearing that sweet little musical tune coming down the road to make you feel like a kid again!


Five Vacation Essentials


I always bring my own pillowcase, a camera, ballet flats, my fave pair of jeans, and a few European fashion mags picked up at the airport.


What I Pack

I always bring skinny jeans and some of my favourite white tees, a classic trench, a good pair of heels, and a few coloured cardigans. The trick to fitting it all in? Roll, roll, roll! I always pack this way and it's amazing how much you can fit in your case. And always be sure to put your liquids and gels in ziploc bags – you'll be ever so grateful you did if a bottle decides to explode.


What I Bring for the Journey...

I always bring a few healthy snacks, things like mixed nuts, trail-mix, an apple or a fruit bar. I tend not to expect too much from airplane food, because let's face it, it's not a gourmet restaurant. I always bring something to read like a few magazines or a new book I've been meaning to read. Hand lotion is a must, and of course, a bottle of water to hydrate!


Favourite Travelling Companion

My best friend is the ultimate travel companion! We've been on many a trip, big and small, together and it's always a great time. I also of course love fun and romantic day trips with the boyfriend! I'm so looking forward to a nice, long vacay together in the future some time.


The Next Spot I'd Like to Visit...

I'd love to visit New Zealand, as it sounds absolutely gorgeous! Capri is somewhere I've always dreamed of visiting, along with Greece, Bali, and the South of France. And I'd love to go on a yoga retreat in Thailand. I could go on and on though, as there's quite a lot of places on my travel list! If only we could all live a life of travel and leisure...

{via}




All images courtesy of Dress, Design and Decor unless otherwise noted.