Phen375 Proactol LTD Advanced Health LTD Advanced Health LTD UniqueHoodia Slim Weight Patch

Homemade Bread!

I hope everyone had a good day today!

In one of my posts from last week, I mentioned that I baked bread "kind of from scratch". My Mom and I bought this pre-packaged bread mix from our local 99cents store. The flour mixture has already been measured and all ready to go. There is also a packet of yeast included in the box. You just need to add egg, butter, and water.


I call it "kind of from scratch" because even if it came from a box, the method used to make the bread is definitely like making it from scratch. You have to knead the dough (it gets really really sticky). Then you have to cover it with a wet towel and leave it to rise for an hour. After an hour, you have to knead it again and cut the dough into balls. And then, you have to wait for it to rise a bit more before you can actually bake it.


Takes so much work, huh? Yup, that's what I thought. But nevertheless, it was fun. And oh my, did it smell great! Our house smelled like freshly made bread. I loved it!


My Mom said that they came out close to scones. We ate them with butter and strawberry jam. Yum! My brother (a peanut butter lover) ate it with, what else, peanut butter. Haha. :D


The box also has instructions on how to use the flour mixture to make cinnamon rolls. I'm definitely trying that next time. :)

Have you ever tried baking your own bread?