Phen375 Proactol LTD Advanced Health LTD Advanced Health LTD UniqueHoodia Slim Weight Patch

A Ruby for Protection

[via]

July babies, if you're anything like me you've often wondered why your birthstone couldn't have been, say, a diamond or even an aquamarine or a sapphire. Not to say the ruby isn't or can't be a beautiful stone, but I just have a ton of ruby jewellery from when I was a kid--including a snake ring with a ruby eye that still scares the bejeesus out of me--that's not exactly au courant. But when I happened upon this ruby ring from Erica Weiner it started me thinking:


Derived from a 19th century Scottish design the mirror image of the letters reads "May it watch o'er you." Cute, no? So I decided to see what other ruby jewellery I could scrounge up just in cause M is a little short on birthday gift ideas. I'm all for helping a dude out. For other modern birthstone designs check out Refinery29, for more ruby ideas read on.


















Of course, if jewellery isn't on the agenda this birthday I wouldn't mind getting something with red soles either...

What's your birthstone? Do you like it?



EDITED: I just heard the horrible news about Marija at Holding Court.
She was such a lovely person who will be missed by many.
My heart and prayers go out to her family.




Supported By: ruby rings