Phen375 Proactol LTD Advanced Health LTD Advanced Health LTD UniqueHoodia Slim Weight Patch

Book of the Week: The Lost Girls

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! This week's book is The Lost Girls by Jennifer Baggett, Holly Corbett and Amanda Pressner, three friends who abandoned their media jobs and fast-paced Manhattan lives to spend a year travelling the world together. I always admire people who are brave enough to uproot their entire lives to follow their dreams and as soon as I heard about this book I knew I had to know more about what drove these ladies to make the decision they did and how they fared on their voyage. Of course I was super excited to get a copy sent to me--I mean, really, with a tagline like "three friends, four continents, one unconventional detour around the world," how could I resist?




Upon snapping open the cover I discovered there was a lot about the three friends I felt like I could relate to. They were about my age when embarking on their adventure (which took them from South America through Africa, India, Southeast Asia, New Zealand and Australia) and it seemed to me that their trip was as much about finding themselves as seeing the world. There is a hike to Machu Picchu, volunteering in Kenya, sunbathing in Rio, and a cockroach infested train ride in India. Many of the girls' stops and adventures are not for the faint of heart and while reading I often wondered whether I would have been able to rise to the occasion as they did again and again.


{via}


The Lost Girls blogged about their adventures along the way and have now compiled their memories into a book told from their three points of view. For me the great thing about this memoir was the inspiration I took from the conviction and courage these ladies had. Not only quitting their jobs and leaving lives and boyfriends behind, but putting their friendship on the line by agreeing to be in such close quarters together (and let's just say they weren't staying in luxury suites) for a year's time. I think this book is also great for pointing out that we make our own priorities in life. It doesn't all have to be about promotions, mortgages, marriage and 2.5 kids (although that's all well and good), there is some room left for actually doing the things that make us happy and help us to grow as people, whatever that is for you.

A warning, though, this book might be a little more costly than the sticker price. Before I was half way through I was itching to book myself a ticket somewhere I've never been.

You can browse inside here. Want to hear about more travel adventures? Check here.