Phen375 Proactol LTD Advanced Health LTD Advanced Health LTD UniqueHoodia Slim Weight Patch

Lost Wednesdays: Across The Sea



WARNING: POST CONTAINS EPISODE SPOILERS




"They come, they fight, they corrupt, they destroy."


I WANT A NAME. Just one. This is getting ridiculous! Is that going to be the whole payoff of this show? Finding out what the MiB's name is!? And I swear if it turns out he does't have a name because his mother got bashed in the head before she could give him one I will freak the f out! Seriously. 

 
Mother #1 and Mother #2

Sorry for the delay in posting this, but I've been kind of sitting around stunned since the episode last night. I'm trying to make sense of everything and pretty much failing. By LOST standards we got a lot of answers (how Smokey came to be, the Donkey Wheel, Adam and Eve), but it wasn't enough and I fear that--with only three hours left--none of it will be.

The Dynamic Duo

When Alison Janney's character said, "Every question I will answer will simply lead to another question" it seemed the writers were speaking directly to us. That best not be the attitude they approach this with, although it does seem to be true. We find out who the Matt Damon-kid-in-the-jungle is and then I'm left wondering why he's now appearing to MiB and some like Sawyer can also seem him. The questions will never end!

"You like him better than you like me!" Really, LOST?

The episode last night was slow and I just didn't think it was enough. Not at this stage in the game. Now we know that Jacob and MiB are twins, but we don't know where their mother came from, exactly. She spoke Latin and her name was Claudia so it all screams Roman era, but who the hell knows? We also got to meet the MiB's crazy "mother" except I'm not sure if she was really crazy. Mostly she just had the island disease of improper communication and vague explanations. Why can't these people just spell things out, especially when such vitally important things as the light going out in every man in the world being involved?! I also found it weird that halfway through their conversation Claudia and Mother 2 started speaking English. WTF?

Wine, good company and a glowing cave -
sounds like a cool Saturday night.

When Jacob was all crying and telling Mother that even though he was good she loved MiB more it was a total Ben flashback to me. Never thought I would see such a similarity between those two. Its kind of disappointing to see that Jacob is just a really ordinary dude who drank a glass of wine and ended up being all immortal and stuff. (And was it just me or was there a real Jesus vibe when Jacob was given the wine to drink.) There were other similarities to episodes past, like with Claudia perhaps the first in a long line of pregnant women who come to the island only to have their babies stolen out from under them.

He Who Shall Remain Nameless
and the infamous Donkey Wheel

I was also disappointed with the whole glowing cave in the river thing. It seemed kind of...cheesy. Maybe it was just the way it was explained. So what I'm figuring is that MiB wasn't a bad guy (I actually felt for him during this episode) but that changed when he died all rage-filled and morphed into Smokey. And then Jacob needed to keep him on the island or the light will go out in the world or some such. I wonder how the new candidate will assume the position if Jacob isn't there to mumble over a glass of wine they must drink from. I also wonder who the father of this dynamic duo is.

Adam and Eve - Guess Jack's original
skeleton age guesstimate was a tad off 

So, three hours left, here's hoping that they will wrap this up in a way that doesn't make me feel like scratching out my eyes. What did you think?