Phen375 Proactol LTD Advanced Health LTD Advanced Health LTD UniqueHoodia Slim Weight Patch

Getaways Guest Blog Series: Giovanna of Swoon



We're bringing the Getaways series back to North America this week with the super sweet Giovanna from SWOON, a blog focused on "design, photography, food, weddings and all things rad." Giovanna is currently planning her own wedding so I was really happy she could take time out of her busy schedule to contribute to this series.



Favorite Vacation Spot

Over the last few years, I've tended to use most of my vacation time for snowboarding adventures, but I'm tired of talking about snow and am so ready for sun. So my favorite warm-weather vacation over the last few years was Sedona, AZ. Since I live right outside of New York City, the desert was a peaceful respite from the loud, the fast and the crazy.


Where to Stay

The Amara Hotel. It's listed as a resort and spa, but it's more like a cute boutique hotel in the middle of downtown, with an amazing view of the red rocks. Honestly, that view follows you everywhere, and we never got used to it the entire time we were there. It's breathtaking.

{via}

Where to Eat

The Coffee Pot for breakfast, D'Lish for lunch and the Oak Creek Brewery in the Tlaquepaque Arts and Crafts Village. I'm not sure these are the best spots in town, but I hit all three and loved them. The Oak Creek was a little out of the way, but on a quiet, Sunday night, you can stroll through Tlaquepaque's outdoor galleries while waiting for a table. The El Prado by the Creek is like a forest of wind chimes, sculptures and furniture made from river rocks. I bought an awesome walking stick.



What to Do

So if you're there with someone who is not that into hiking, like my mom, wake up early and go hiking by yourself. Then we took one of those pink jeep tours all the way up the mountain, because she really wanted to see the vortexes, places where the earth supposedly radiates psychic energy. It sounds touristy and bogus, but it was eerily beautiful. Either way, driving around the desert in a pink jeep is awesome. Tip: It's a really rocky drive, so don't eat anything before leaving. Also, take a long walk at night. There are light and noise pollution ordinances in Sedona, and if you're not used to that kind of quiet darkness at night, it's amazing. You can't hear a peep at 9 p.m., and the entire downtown is lit solely by a million stars in the sky.

{via}

Vacation Clothing Staples

I'm a light packer. I like to bring a few simple outfits, a cardigan and a few different scarves to change up my outfits. I like to leave room in the bag so I can shop on vacation. For a trip to Sedona, I'd probably bring some clothes to hike in, a swimsuit for the hotel pool, and a few sundresses.


Hiking

What I Bring for the Journey...

ipod, this american life podcasts, a good book, a longchamp bag and a journal.

{via}


Favorite Traveling Companion

My fiance or my mom.


The Next Spot I'd Like to Visit...

Morocco

{via}



Photographs courtesy of Swoon unless otherwise noted.