Phen375 Proactol LTD Advanced Health LTD Advanced Health LTD UniqueHoodia Slim Weight Patch

Getaways Guest Blog Series: Crystal of Plush Palate

I'm sure most of you know the talented and delightful Crystal of Plush Palate, and I was so glad when she agreed to contribute to this series. For the few who haven't discovered it yet Crystal's blog is full of beautiful photos and design inspiration. Crystal's fave vacation destination happens to be one of mine as well, so I was very excited to read her thoughts on the Eternal City, a place I think everyone should see at least once in their lifetime.




Favourite Vacation Spot

I've been fortunate to visit over 20 countries so far...all unique and wonderful in their own way! But of all the places I've been, Italy always has been and always will be my heart's true love. So much so, that the summer after I graduated from university, I packed my bags and moved to Rome! I spent two splendid years living and breathing its beauty, history, and magic. And I am forever changed because of it!




Where to Stay

Anywhere in the neighborhood of Parioli if you want a sophisticated feel, beautiful streets, and gorgeous parks in the most elegant part of Rome. Anywhere near Campo dei Fiori or Piazza Navona if you want to be in heart of the city and at the pulse of the eternal city!


Where to Eat

Osteria del Pesce (Via di Monserrato, 32) for the best seafood you'll ever taste! It's out of this world good and a local, Roman favorite. Very few tourist know about it. And it's better because of that!


What to Do

"Roma, una vita non basta." ("Rome, a lifetime is not enough.") This old quote is so true...but the 'must sees' are Campo dei Fiori, Piazza Navona, the Pantheon, the Colloseum, the Spanish Steps, Via Condotti, and Villa Borghese.



Five Vacation Essentials

My camera, a Lonely Planet guide, a good book, a travel candle, and a curious mind!



Packing Tips

I surprise myself, but I'm actually a very light packer. I only travel with carry-ons (I get peace of mind from having my luggage in my possession at all times). When packing I practice restraint: just one of all the basics, plus always a pair of sexy heels and a LBD. I always throw my Wolford Fatal Dress in my bag because you never know what will pop up. In fact, when I was in Dubai a few summers ago, I got invited to a local wedding the same day of the event! Thank god I had my LBD! I also always travel with my running stuff. My dad taught me that the best way to explore a city is through a morning run! The secret to fitting all this into one carry-on? Rolling the clothes! It makes a world of difference.



What I Bring for the Journey...

I always travel with a soft, oversized scarf to wrap around myself when it gets cold, a big bottle of water to stay hydrated during the flight, a decor magazine (House Beautiful and Elle Decor are my favorites), a good book, my iPod, and my Burt's Bees chapstick (airplane air can be so dry).


Favorite Traveling Companion

Depends on the trip. Sometimes my boyfriend, sometimes my mom, sometimes my best friend, and sometimes by my self!



The Next Spot I'd Like to Visit...

Oh this is hard ...the Maldives!



"Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." - Miriam Beard





Sienna Miller photographed by Martino Testino for Vogue 's September Issue {provided by Plush Palate}