Phen375 Proactol LTD Advanced Health LTD Advanced Health LTD UniqueHoodia Slim Weight Patch

Book of the Week: Lunch in Paris

Lunch in Paris by Elizabeth Bard describes itself as "a love story, with recipes" and it delivers. The book is a memoir of the American writer's experience after moving to France to be with her now-husband, Gwendal. Learning French cooking, as well as the French habits of shopping for fresh ingredients daily and keeping portion sizes small, is a big part of Bard's adjustment in her adopted country; and peppered between the big and little moments that make up a life together are some mouthwatering recipes she learned along the way. I thought this book was great--I mean, romance, food and a European city, what more can you ask for?


In the case of this book the food is certainly an integral part of the story and coming from an Italian family myself I could certainly relate with the way food is interwoven into so many aspects of life. I also found Bard's journey compelling--her struggles to not only learn a foreign language, but a foreign way of life. Little things we take for granted, like cultural references and ideas about work ethics, don't always translate.

Elizabeth and Gwendal
{via}

I'm now looking forward to trying out some of Bard's recipes including molten chocolate cakes (I have made these successfully in the past, but I'm always open for new versions of chocolate delight) and rataouille. If I have any success I will certainly let you know!


Browse Inside here.