Phen375 Proactol LTD Advanced Health LTD Advanced Health LTD UniqueHoodia Slim Weight Patch

An All Weather Wardrobe Item: The Denim Short




As much as I try to fight it, the signs are all pointing in the same direction--fall will soon be here. Granted, these last few years where I'm from the hot weather has extended into October, and I will be the last person you will see complaining about that, but with kids scampering back to school and The Ex officially open here (the definitive Toronto sign that summer is wrapping up) it's time to start thinking about transitioning into fall. Along this train of thought, the other day I put together a guest post for Dawn's amazing blog about the shirtdress, a piece of clothing that with some layering and accessorizing can be a year-round part of your wardrobe. And that got me thinking about other items that could also do warm and cold weather double duty, pieces like the cut off jean short. Personally, I'm not much of a shorts person, but if you can pull them off then you can definitely still hang on to your denim cut offs once the cooler weather hits.


For summer pair your denim cutoffs with a simple tank or tee--you can also add a vest or denim button-down if you like--and some flat sandals for a casual day look.



Nicole Richie has perfected this laid back, bohemian style.



Alexa Chung is another fan of the jean short. Here she shows us just how easy it is to take them from warm to cold. Add tights, a blazer and some boots or Mary Janes and your shorts have a whole new life.


Wondering how to make your shorts more sophisticated for fall? Take some hints from Olivia or Kate.





Some ideas to work this look into your own wardrobe...

Warm to Cold: The Denim Short


Images: 1 / 2 / 3-4567 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11 / 12




I'm also so excited to have reached 400 followers! Honestly, thank you guys for hanging in there with me and reading and commenting every day. It really means the world to me and I'm so happy to have "met" some really great people and friends through this blogging process. To show my appreciation I've planned for a week of giveaways to say thank you to all of you! xo